If you had immigrated to Canada for your career in your later twenties or your mid-thirties and now that you had established a permanent residency for yourself in that country, this is for you. There are a lot of people who leave behind their family and homes in search of better livelihood in Canada, those people can apply for the Parents and Grandparents’ immigration program so that they could also obtain permanent residency in that country.
The Parents and Grandparents Immigration Program of Canada were launched in the year 2017 and has been going strong ever since. The applications for this year was delayed due to the ongoing pandemic. Due to the response received in the years 2017, 2018, 2019, the Canadian government decided to launch the program in the year 2020 as well. The window to apply for this program is open from the 13th of October, 2020 to the 3rd of November, 2020.
How to apply for this PGP outside Quebec?
The application process is very simple and lucid. In case, you have any doubts, you can contact immigration law office of Ronen Kurzfeld as well. The Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) are behind the call for applications for PGP. The user has to follow the given steps to apply for this program.
Visit the website of IRCC. One can find an online sponsorship interest form on the site. You need to fill in all the required details in that form.
After submitting to the IRCC, around 10,000 applicants will be chosen randomly. These 10,000 applicants will be asked to submit all the required documents around early 2021.
How to apply for PGP within Quebec?
The process to apply for PGP within Quebec is the same. You need to follow steps 1 and 2 mentioned above. Along with that, you need to follow step 3 given below.
Obtain a Quebec Selection Certificate (QSC) from the Canadian government. You can consult the immigration law office of Ronen Kurzfeld in case you have any doubts regarding QSC.
What are the eligibility criteria to apply for PGP?
The following are the eligibility criteria to apply for PGP. The criteria are the same for all the states in Canada except for Quebec.
- The applicant must be from Canada, preferably a Canadian citizen or a person who holds a Permanent Residency in Canada.
- The applicant must be at least 18 years old
- The applicant must be in a position to support the dependents for 20 years at least.
- If the applicant avails any social assistance from the government to support the dependents, then the repay period is fixed at 20 years
- Income certificate for the past three years must be obtained from the Canada Revenue Agency. If the applicant is residing in Quebec, the income certificate for the past one year is sufficient. As the income certificate hasn’t been provided for the year 2020, income certificates for the year 2017, 2018, and 2019 can be submitted to the government.
- In case, you aren’t in a position to support the dependents, then you can add in your spouse as your paying partner.
Family size and application for PGP
The size of your family matters a lot when it comes to applying for PGP. You need to calculate the family size based on the below conditions. In case of any doubts, you can contact any good immigration lawyer.
- Your spouse
- Children dependent on you(they must be below 22 years of age and unmarried)
- Children dependent on your spouse
- Family members, you had sponsored earlier and is still responsible financially for them
- Parents and grandparents whom you are willing to sponsor and their dependents
- The children of the parents and grandparents whom you are willing to sponsor and will not come to Canada anytime soon
- The separated spouse of the parent or grandparent whom you are willing to sponsor
What are the documents you need to obtain for the Parents and Grandparents program Canada 2020?
These are the following documents you need to obtain for PGP Canada 2020:
- Soft copy of your passport.
- Enter the names of your entire family, the details of the family requested in the application form of PGP. Make sure to enter the names as it is in the passport.
- Date of birth of the entire family.
- The address of the applicant should be very clear. The details should be mentioned in a crystal-clear format. Right from the door no., to the apartment no., street no., and the city you reside in.
- You need to hold a valid document to prove that you live in Canada only. The document number should be submitted to IRCC.
- The contact information like e-mail ID, the phone number must be submitted in the PGP.
What to do if the person’s application gets rejected for the Canadian PGP 2020 program?
These are the possible steps a person can take if his/her application for the Canadian PGP 2020 program gets rejected.
- Apply for the PGP 2021 program
- Apply for the Super visa program
Super visa program
The parents and the grandparents of those who reside in Canada can obtain a visit visa that in itself lasts for 2 years. When that initial period of 2 years is over, the visa can be extended to ten years as well. But one needs to keep in mind that, the persons accepted under the Super Visa program aren’t eligible to work or obtain any medical insurance-related benefits from the Canadian government.
The benefits of those who got selected under Canadian PGP is aplenty. They can work and live in Canada, obtain medical insurance, and enjoy all the privileges that a Citizen of Canada gets to enjoy. Canada has retained its reputation for being one of the top countries in the world for being very friendly towards its immigrants. The government keeps taking initiatives to create a very conducive environment for immigrants.
Banco6 months ago
Filmora2 months ago
Wondershare Filmora 9 Activation Key and Email Free 2020
Banco6 months ago
Seguro6 months ago
Vivaz Seguro de Salud vista rápida
Ley Mexico6 months ago
Ley de Lenz
Business5 months ago
Career Talk 101: What Does a Criminal Lawyer Do?
Law School7 months ago
25 Weird Laws from Around the World
Attorney4 months ago
United States court orders release of migrant children due to the risk of coronavirus contagion